What God calls us to expect (Revelations 21:1-8):
- RESTORATION of all things. (Rev 21:1,5)
- NEARNESS to God. (Rev 21:2-3)
- FREEDOM from suffering and death. (Rev 21:4)
- Eternal SATISFACTION for believers and eternal PUNISHMENT for non-believers. (Rev 21:6-8)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Revelation 21:1-8
- What are some common misconceptions that many Christians have about eternity with God? How can these false ideas negatively impact our lives? Why is an accurate understanding of Heaven so important in a believer’s daily life?
- In the sermon it was said that anticipation for the future God has in store for Christians should transform how we live in the present. How would this look in your own life? What are some practical ways that your daily life would look different this week if you lived in light of the promise of the new heaven and earth?
- God promises in this passage that one day all suffering and pain will end when Christ returns. What is a current trial or hardship you are currently walking through right now that you are having a hard time trusting God with? How could trusting in the promise of Revelation 21:4 change how you view and respond to your current struggle?
Revelation 21:18 is packed with amazing promises of what the new heaven and earth will be like. What are you personally most excited for and why?