How to Affair Proof Your Marriage
- Flee the Fire (Proverbs 6:27-29)
- ALLURES (Prv 5:3)
- SSPREADS (Prv 5:8)
- BURNS (Prv 5:11, 14)
- Drink the WATER (Prv 5:15-19)
- Enjoy it Exclusively (Prv 5:15-17)
- Enjoy it TOTALLY (Prv 5:18-19a)
- Enjoy it Liberally (Prv 5:19b-20)
The Fire of Passion:
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Sermon Audio: (no recording)
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Proverbs 5:15-19
- Why do you think the rate of spouses having affairs is so high?
- How is monogamy more fulfilling than ”playing the field”?
- What have you been doing to affair proof your marriage?
- How do you make your spouse feel like he/she is still your #1?
1 Corinthians 7:25 - But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another... (goes on to describe taking a timeout for prayer)