- The cast of this passage: (Jn 15:1-6)
- Vine = Jesus Christ = The Source of Life.
- Vinedresser = God the Father = The Active Worker.
- Branches = Man = The Fruit Bearers.
- How do I know I'm abiding? (Jn 15:7-11)
- I experience a powerful Prayer life. (Jn 15:7)
- I experience a fruitful Ministry. (Jn 15:8)
- I experience a loving Obedience. (Jn 15:9-10)
- I experience a supernatural Joy. (Jn 15:11)
So what do I need as a Christian?
- I need money
- I need happiness
- I need more time
- I need to get things done
- I need to be the best
- I need to be perfect
- I need to abide!
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read John 15:1-11
- What does it mean to abide in Christ? (Jn 15:4-7, 9-10) Describe specifically what that looks like in the life of an “abider”.
- Tell of a way God has “pruned” you with hard circumstances, and how that has resulted in fruitfulness in your life.
Take the Test! Evaluate the proofs of abiding from John 15:7-11
Rate the following from 1-10 (1 = poor, 10 = strong).
Go around the group for each question, then everybody answer the last one.
- I am experiencing a powerful prayer life. (Jn 15:7)
- I am experiencing a fruitful ministry. (Jn 15:8)
- I am experiencing loving obedience. (Jn 15:9-10)
- I am experiencing supernatural joy. (Jn 15:11)
- In the area I am weakest, what choices can I make to abide in Christ?