How to Grow in the Assurance of Your Salvation:
2 Corinthians 13:5, Jeremiah 17:9
1 John 5:13 - I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.
2 Peter 1:1-10
- I grow in assurance when I focus on His POWER. (2 Pet 1:1-3)
- I grow in assurance when rest in His PROMISE. (2 Pet 1:4)
- I grow in assurance when I PRACTICE godly qualities. (2 Pet 1:5-7, 10)
- I grow in assurance when I PERSEVERE through time. (2 Pet 1:8-9)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read 2 Peter 1:1-10
- Why do you think it’s so important to be confident in your salvation? How does confidence affect your walk with Christ? How does not being confident affect your walk?
- Why do you think many Christians struggle with assurance? What would you say to a friend who confides in you, “I just don’t know if I am really saved?”
- On a scale of 1-10 (1 = I have NO idea, in fact, I may be a Pagan, 10 = I am 100% positive) rate your assurance of your own salvation as of right now.
- What can you do to grow in assurance right now? Tonight? This week? (2 Peter 1:1-10).
- Pray for one another.