THE NEXT 3
November 2017 Update
The past five months in the new building have been #amazing!
We have seen so many new faces and families who are very eager and excited to learn God's Word as well as being fired up for Jesus Christ in their lives, worshiping Him with us weekly.
Harvest Bible Chapel Pittsburgh North has been presented with another amazing opportunity!
The elders and ministry leaders met Thursday evening (11/02/17) to discuss the possibility of an adjacent office space expansion. They walked through the space to discuss future use. They prayed over the space (it's use) and for alignment between leaders to determine if moving forward with this expansion is right for the church at this time.
Update on Monday (11/06/17) Facilities Ministry Leader, Mike Gates, signed the lease for this additional space for coincide with our current lease timing for the worship center.
Note: This space is approximately 2330 sq ft in addition to our current 3400 sq ft of worship center space (not including the shared hallway, kitchen, and bathroom facilities).
Please Join us in prayer for the following with this opportunity:
- That leadership make these decisions based on God's will and blessing for the church, now and going forward
- That the property managers give us good terms and conditions for the additional space; continued accomodations
- That monthly funds are provided to cover the additional cost of leasing this space along with our current facility
- That God continue to bless the growth of the church and the people in it that want to know more of Him
- That this adjacent space can be used to further the
Youth, Children's, and Adult ministries
In 2011, Harvest Bible Chapel Pittsburgh North launched to make disciples of Jesus Christ in the North Hills.
We have become the church we prayed for back in 2011. As we enter a new season, we begin to consider what the next chapter in our church might look like. By faith, moving forward into the THE NEXT 3 years, we prayerfully follow the expanding vision God gave us in the beginning.
As we look forward to THE NEXT 3 years we have found a facility that will increase our capacity for ministry and visibility in the North Hills Community.
We have signed a 3 year lease to occupy a 4,600 sq ft space at 12330 Suite 100 Perry Highway in Wexford beginning this June 2017.
Turn around and wave to our new neighbors at Northway Christian Community across the highway! Don't worry, they like us!
We have been working hard to transform this space for our use. Below are our costs for this project (subject to change as the final pennies are tallied and totaled):
General Construction - $14,323
Audio/Visual/TECHNOLOGY - $10,664
Furnishings - $2,353
Children's - $3,163
These costs include but are not limited to the building of a stage and partition walls, sound proofing of the children's rooms and sound deadening of the worship center, lighting and controls, video projectors, screens, tvs, misc. sound equipment, computers and tablets for check-ins, minor painting, signage, carpeting, chairs, children's supplies, and pastoral and guest reception furniture to name a few.
Harvest Bible Chapel's total
TOTAL COST *$32,169
GIVEN :: **$32,550.29 (AS OF 7/14)
If you have any questions feel free to email Sherri Kashuba, firstname.lastname@example.org.
*All final costs are completed.
**God provided exactly what was needed to move into this new space!!!!
BUILDING MOVE TIMELINE
Mar 23rd - 3yr Lease signed
Mar 26th - TheNext3 Kick-ofF
APR 17th - HBC SIGNage INSTALLED
APR 21st - Carpet installed
May 1st - Limited access begin
MAY 14TH - CAMPAIGN WRAP-UP
May 15th - Move/Setup Starts
May 15th-June 3rd - Work nights
June 4th - TheNext3 Begins!!!
Nov 2nd - TheNext3 Expands??
NOV 6th - THENEXT3 EXPANDs!!!
Locate our new home!
Worship, Walk, Work
It wasn't just the 3 W's that we used as a guide post to start off this whole Next3 campaign. But we also looked at the people that God has brought to us and have been part of the Harvest Pittsburgh North community for so many faithful years. The thought of these amazing individuals, skills in so many ways, gave us the confidence that God has grown this church, not of our own doing. This growth path led us to consider how much more we could really lean into God and see the blessing for our church poured out in abundance. So we decided to pray....
It was a whirlwind when God laid this opportunity of a new permanent building and worship space onto the leaders and elders of the church this past late winter of 2017. Now here we are, spring has definitely come, and the people have been itching to get in and down to the work of growing Christ's kingdom here in the North Hills of Pittsburgh.
As you can already see, we had many of those dedicated families and friends of Harvest ready and able to pitch into the new place before we've even opened the doors.
God is showing the patience and faithfulness that the HBCPN community has had over the past five and a half years meeting in a local school building. And he's giving us much because of that steadfast resolve to always do it for His glory and honor with excellence. God has certainly shown us that after we learn to walk in patience... sometimes he'll let you run as fast as you possibly can. And then He'll push you to go even faster, because He made us to do so!
We are blessed Harvest Pittsburgh North family,
5/15/2017 - The start of something beyond our own minds can possibly dream up!
The First 5 (Our History)
- Harvest Pittsburgh North started with a few people and no money.
- The Core Group went from meeting in Paul Persic's basement, to a chiropractor's office, to Marshall Middle School.
- The church needed over $80,000 dollars worth of equipment, signage, trailer, etc. We had enough money to buy the trailer (empty).
- God provided many of the things we needed by having them donated, then provided the funds to purchase the rest.
- October 2, 2011 - Harvest Bible Chapel Pittsburgh North launched!
- Small groups launched.
- Lives were saved and changed.
- The church grew from within the nursery.
- The first class of three elders were installed.
- Our church participated it’s first short term missions trip by sending one of our members with a team from Phoenix to Moldova to renovate a Harvest pastor’s home.
- Harvest Kids collected over 100 non-perishable items for a local food bank.
- Arrow Student Ministry launched in the Spring.
- We sent a team of seven to do construction work on a pastor’s training center in Arad, Romania.
- Harvest Kids raised over $800 for World Vision to purchase income-producing farm animals for families in Third World Countries.
- Our first Small Group multiplication seamlessly transpired.
- Another small group was added in Cranberry Township.
- Pastor Jeff spent two weeks in Thailand to train young pastors in sermon preparation.
- Arrow Student Ministry spent a week in Kentucky doing service projects and visiting the Creation Museum.
- Harvest Kids collected over 200 non-perishable items for a local food bank.
- TheNext3 campaign began as a a humble decision to listen to God in prayer. This is a massive step for Harvest and will lead the way for serving more people in need in the North Hills of Pittsburgh.
Small Group Outreach Events
Our small groups have participated in the following local Pittsburgh ministries:
- Off the Floor Ministries - Moving donated beds, tables, couches and chairs from a warehouse to needy families.
- Ronald McDonald House - Serving food to the families of patients at Children’s Hospital.
- Light of Light Mission - Serving food to the homeless people on the north side of Pittsburgh.
- L.I.V.I.N.G. Ministries - Delivering toiletries, clothing, coats and blankets to the homeless living in tent cities around Pittsburgh.
- Raise the Roof Project - Raising the funds and providing the labor to install a new roof for a church family.
- World Vision - Packing boxes of clothes to send to many countries around the world.
- Mars Home for Youth - Ministering to the kids by playing kickball and sorting donated items in the resource rooms.
Pray for The Next 3
Praise God for His timing in providing us a new facility.
Praise God for clarity and unanimity in the leadership during the decision-making process.
Praise God for the use of Marshall Middle School for these 5+ years.
Praise God for the use of Covenant church for prayer services and Arrow Student Ministry.
For a smooth transition to the new facility.
For God’s provision for every resource we need for startup. Chairs, signage, auditorium changes, etc.
For continued unity among the elders and leadership team.
For the new online advertising campaign to be effective in directing the right people to our church.
The Next 3
That God’s hand of blessing, provision and protection could continue to be on our congregation as we grow.
That the new facility allows us to be more focused and more effective accomplishing our mission to make disciples.
That our church would use the building wisely and as a means to minister to the community in a way that brings much glory to God.
That our church would establish good working relationships with the building’s owner, property manager, other tenants.
That God would increase our faith as individuals and that we’d grow spiritually as a church family.
That our regular attenders would step out in faith, taking their stewardship responsibilities seriously, to the glory of God!
That God would protect us from the flaming missiles of discouragement and strife from the evil one through this process.
That God would send us like-minded believers to help shoulder the many ministry responsibilities: that we’d get more worship team members, more nursery workers, more Harvest Kids workers, more assimilation team workers, more small group leaders and financial team workers.
That God would send us new Christians who are seeking to be discipled and grow in their relationship with Jesus.
That God would send us unbelievers who are seeking meaning in their lives and that we’d see many come to Christ and be baptized.