It’s in the record books! Harvest Bible Chapel Pittsburgh North launched October 2, 2011! The Lord showed up in a mighty way to prepare us for that day, and we are all so grateful to Him and this new work He has begun!
Despite all the hard work, the prayer, the giving… we did not reach a finish line. All of that was to get us to the starting blocks! The best days are ahead of us, as we make disciples of Jesus Christ!
The message launch Sunday was: Jesus’ Last Command is My First Priority. Jesus, Who has all authority, told us to go and make disciples. Look at your life right this minute and ask: “How am I making disciples right now?” If you aren’t making disciples right now, then you need to jump on board with us, right now. I mean right now. No need to wait. Call me, e-mail me, see me at worship service. Let’s get on it. Jesus calls us to this, it is a work that impacts eternity, and there is no greater joy than God at work through us. Do you really need another reason?!
So what is ahead for us? Here are a few things we want YOU to be praying about. How has the Lord equipped you to be a part of His work with Harvest Bible Chapel?
- Our Website - I have been updating it with news events, blogs, etc, but now that we have gone from Launch Team to Launched Church phase, we need to make an overhaul on our website. This is out of my area of expertise, so I am praying for someone to come and help get it updated. My e-mail is email@example.com
- Our Worship Team - Sami and Laura Yacoub, our worship leaders, are working on assembling more musicians to be a part of our worship team. Has God blessed you with musical ability?
- Small Groups - November 6, we will be kicking off Small Groups. Harvest isn’t a church with small groups, it is a church of small groups. We want to see everyone involved in a small group. We want you to be pouring into others and allowing others to pour into you.
- Children’s Ministry - We want to assist all parents in the discipleship of their own children. While I am preaching, children can go to Higher Ground. That’s the name of the children’s ministry. I guess if you didn’t know that, that statement 2 sentences ago is pretty funny. While children receive age-appropriate Bible teaching, their parents can listen to the Word from me and not have to worry about distractions from kids (theirs or otherwise). We are calling on those of who have a gift to teach and a love for children to apply.
- Hospitality - Every service at Harvest ends with “You are loved!” We want to do everything we can to make sure people leave feeling that statement is true. Are you a “people person”?
We are anxious to hear from you as to how you are going to be a part of the work of the Lord!
What is coming up, sermon-wise? The next 4 weeks, we will be looking at the 4 Pillars of Harvest Bible Chapel: Proclaiming the Authority of God’s Word Without Apology, Lifting High the Name of Jesus Through Worship, Believing Firmly in the Power of Prayer, and Sharing the Good News of the Gospel with Boldness. Then we will dive into the book of Colossians in a verse by verse study.
Our theme this year: Jesus is First! With Jesus First in your life, come and be a part of a church where Jesus is First!
This is only the beginning!
p.s. - In all things, Jesus must have the preeminence! (Colossians 1:18)