OK, the last attempt at a night of congregational prayer was not what we were hoping for. We had planned to have an outdoor prayer meeting and met with storms that would make Noah nervous.
But here’s the good news: we will be inside this time around. Covenant Community Church has been very gracious to us, and is allowing us to use their building for the prayer meeting! 5157 Wexford Run Road, Wexford, is the address, just on the other side of 79 from Marshall Middle School.
As we have already seen from God’s Word in Habakkuk, the Lord keeps a different schedule than us. His plans are sometimes different and always better than ours. And the greatest blessing He gives us through it all is prayer. We have the invitation to go before the God of the universe and converse with Him! What an awesome privilege. And you will never enjoy the experience of the goodness of God without prayer.
Need more incentive? Probably not, but I am going to share with you some reasons for prayer I recently read in an article in Israel My Glory:
- It demonstrates our relationship with God.
- God calls us to it! (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- It demonstrates our dependence on God. (Psalm 121:1-3)
- It is a way we serve God. (Luke 2:37)
- It strengthens our faith. (Ephesians 3:20)
- It is worth doing! (James 5:16)
- God always answers. (1 John 5:14-15)
In the comments section below, you can offer more reasons!
See you Friday at 7PM!
p.s. - prayerlessness is carelessness