Guest Speaker - Daniel Thompson
The Cure for Fear: 1 John 4:18
The Replacement for Fear: PEACE
|FEAR||REALITY IN CHRIST|
|PAST MISTAKES||(Rom 5:1)||JUSTIFIED BY FAITH|
|LACK OF BLESSINGS||(Rom 5:2a)||ACCESS INTO GRACE|
|FUTURE||(Rom 5:2b)||HOPE OF GLORY|
|STRUGGLES OF TODAY||(Rom 5:3-5)||PURPOSE IN SUFFERING|
|UNCERTAINTY||(Rom 5:6-11)||DEATH FOR AN ENEMY|
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Romans 5:1-11
- In your own words, describe what peace from God is. It may also be helpful to describe what peace is not.
- It has been said (but apparently not by Einstein) that "insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results". In any case, insanity is definitely a loss of touch with reality. In what ways have you lost touch with the realities discussed in this portion of Romans 5? In light of these realities, what things do you need to do differently in order to expect different results for handling the fears in your life?
- What fear (in the list from Sunday or any other fear) has any control in your life? Why is this so? What truth do you need to remind yourself of to have peace instead of this fear?
- List some people in your life who you would be willing die for or at least risk death for. Assuming that none of your enemies were on that list, how much more grateful should we be for what Christ has done for us: dying for His enemies?
- These fears, and many others (including completely irrational ones), are very much a reality for those that don't know Christ as their Savior and Lord. Describe how this motivates you to share the gospel with the lost. Provide examples of things you can say to explain true peace to those who do not have it.
Pray for one another!