Note: The time signatures [00:00] below indicate the start of a question if you'd like to skip to a particular one of interest in the audio file.
- [01:33] - Q: Can you explain the meaning/symbolism of the new Harvest Vertical Church logo? Is there any military/militia inspiration or hidden meaning to its design?
- [04:27] - Q: In Mark 3:17, Jesus calls James and John, sons of Zebedee, "Sons of Thunder". (BLB says Greek "Boanereges" comes from 2 Aramaic root words meaning "son, child | rage".) Was it their zeal and passion for the Lord that earned them this nickname, a reference to fiery personalities given to hot-headedness, or both?
A: Luke 9:51
- [07:24] - Q: Some people feel it is important for all of us to use a supernatural language today. Please help us to understand this. Thank you.
A: 1 Corinthians 12, 13, 14
- [08:58] - Q: What exactly is happening at the Lord’s supper? Real presence? Just remembrance?
A: Hebrews 9:25-26, 1 Corinthians 11:25
- [13:44] - Q: What are some Bible references for people who have made wrong decisions but God continued to love and provide for them? I am looking for some hope that all is not lost because of my wrong decisions. The Psalms seem to address when people are being persecuted for their faith. thank you.
A: (David) - 2 Samuel 11, (Peter) - John 21, (Paul) - 1 Timothy 1:15-16
- [22:33] - Q: What do you think about the “new perspective on Paul”?
A: 2 Corinthians 5:21, Philippians 3:8-9
- [27:10] - Q: What do you think about the documentary hypothesis? Like is it ok to believe or no?
A: (Jesus) - Mark 12:28, (Peter) - Acts 3:22, (Paul) - Romans 10:5
- [29:05] - Q: What is the lesson & significance of Jacob’s ladder?
A: Genesis 28:10-22
- [30:43] - Q: What is Satanism? How does it tie into the Bible?
- Q: Does David seem to show signs of arrogance in some of the things he writes in the Psalms? For example, Ps. 18: 20-24, “The Lord has dealt with me according to my righteousness;, according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me. For I have kept the ways of the Lord; I have not turned away from his decrees. I have been blameless before him and have kept myself from sin. The Lord has rewarded me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his sight.” NIV I know David is known as the man after God’s own heart, but every time I read this passage, I feel like David is saying he DESERVED God’s blessing. Am I wrong?
A: [Check Pastor Jeff's Blog soon for an answer]
- [34:12] - Q: Did God know Adam and Eve would sin? Did God create hell before or after the first sin?
A: Isaiah 46:9-10, Revelation 13:8, 1 Peter 1:18-20, Matthew 25:41-46
Note: Read Jeff's blog for the answer to this questions that he was unable to get to during this Q&A service.
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
- Discuss any of the questions (and answers) from Sunday outlined above. Reflect on the answers given. How would you answer these?
Pray for one another.