Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Psalm 145
What Do You Celebrate?
If what we celebrate shows what we value, than what is your celebration (or lack thereof) showing about what you value?
What about when I dont' feel like celebrating (praising God)? David had a history with God…what's your history with God? What has he done in your life that you need to be giving Him public praise for?
How does you daily routine incorporate praising God?
30 Observations of who GOD is from Psalm 145:
King, Great, Unsearchable, Mighty, Glorious, Wondrous, Awesome, Good, Famous, Righteous, Gracious, Merciful, Compassionate, Loving, Patient, Steadfast, Powerful, Faithful, Everlasting, Kind, Strong, Provider, Sustainer, Satisfier, Near, Preserver, Listener, Just, Worthy, Eternal…
- Which of these characteristics encourages you / strengthens you / means the most to you?
- How can this passage change our prayer life?
- Take the attributes of God in this passage and do some introspection - Which characteristic of God do you need to ask the Holy Spirit to infuse into you?
Do you agree with the assertion that most Christ followers can improve how we celebrate?
What if your Facebook Wall and Instagram Feed reflected how great your God is, rather than "how great you are?"
Faithful Celebration of God is:
- Which of these themes from Psalm 145 resonated with you the most? Which of these is the most challenging for you?
- Name several of the Verbal Phrases and Celebratory Actions from Psalm 145.
David’s Celebratory Actions:
Extol God, Bless His Name, Praise Him Greatly, Commend God’s works to others, Declare God’s mighty acts, Meditate on His majesty & wondrous works, Speak of His might & great deeds, Declare His greatness, Pour forth (or CELEBRATE) the fame His goodness, Sing Aloud of His righteousness, SPEAK of the Kingdom, TELL of His power, Make Known his deeds, Call on Him, Fear Him, Love Him, and SPEAK the praise of the Lord!
- Give an example of what it would look like to live out these actions in your life.
- How can you effectively COMMEND God’s works to the next generation?
Pray for one another.