Circle whether the statements on assurance are True or False in your life today:
- There is no way I can be self-deceived.
- I think I am a really good and important person.
- Sin has never really been an issue for me.
- I know a lot about the Bible, but it doesn’t really affect the way I love.
- The way I talk doesn’t really match up with my religious profession.
Jeremiah 17:9 - The heart is DECEITFUL above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?
Galatians 6:3 - For if anyone thinks he is SOMETHING when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
1 John 1:8 - If we say we have no SIN we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
James 1:22 - But be DOERS of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
James 1:26 - If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his TONGUE but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Sermon Audio: (no recording)
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read 2 Corinthians 13:5
Pray for one another.