Review / Intro:
- What is burnout?
- What causes the stress?
- What are the signs?
- Why does it happen to some people and not others?
- How can I keep it from happening to me?
1 Corinthians 2:3 - And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling...
Am I Preventing Burnout in My Own Life?
- Am I nurturing the Relationships God has brought into my life? (Acts 18:1-6)
- Am I recognizing how God is Working in my life? (Acts 18:7-8)
- Am I personally Seeking God? (Acts 18:9-11)
- Am I Trusting God with what I can't control? (Acts 18:12-17)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Acts 18:1-17
Have you ever felt burnout, or felt like you were close? Describe how that felt. What did you do?
How do we know Paul was experiencing burnout in this part of his ministry? (Hint: Acts 18:9)
How do healthy relationships prevent burnout?
How do God's commands and promises bring encouragement? (See Psalm 119:35)
Go around the group (or breakout group), take turns answering the 4 sermon point questions with a YES or NO.
- Am I Nurturing the Relationships God Has Brought Into My Life? (Acts 18:1-6)
- Am I Recognizing How God is Working in My Life? (Acts 18:7-8)
- Am I Personally Seeking God? (Acts 18:9-11)
- Am I Trusting God with What I Can’t Control? (Acts 18:12-17)
Do you feel on the way to burnout? How can you use these principles to prevent burnout in your own life?