Intro / Review:
Because we are ALL a Work in Progress:
- Accept others' convictions. (Acts 18:18-23)
- Assist those who need to grow. (Acts 18:24-26)
- I must confront everything
- Confrontation is not loving
- Confrontation equals judging
Three Myths About Confrontation
Three Tips for Confronting
- Do it informed
- Do it privately
- Do it biblicly
- Always be teachable. (Acts 18:27-28)
- I am aware of my weaknesses
- I am not afraid to seek help
- I try to learn from criticism
- I admit when I am wrong
- I am aware I don't know everything
- I am always looking to learn new things
- I invite others to give me feedback
Are You Teachable? (Mark YES or NO for each statement below)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Acts 18:18-28
Was Paul right or wrong to take a vow (Acts 18:18), in your opinion? Do you think it's appropriate for Christians to take vows today?
What is the right approach to handling someone teaching error (Acts 18:26)?
Do you think Apollos was saved before his encounter with Priscilla and Aquila? Support your answer.
What does this passage teach about when it is appropriate to confront someone?
Pray for one another.