Honoring God in Your Marriage (When Your Husband is Not):
- Your CONDUCT must be more important than your words. (1 Peter 3:1-2)
- Your CHARACTER must be more beautiful than your clothes. (1 Peter 3:3-4)
- Your FAITH must be bigger than your FEARS. (1 Peter 3:5-6)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read 1 Peter 3:1-6
- How is a husband won over by his wife “without a word”? Explain what this means. If the wife isn’t to “preach”, how will the husband hear the Word of God?
- What are ways some women tend to focus on the external appearance? What kinds of “internal beauty marks” does Peter say to work on (1 Peter 3:4)? What are practical ways to work on those?
- Pretend a (saved) coworker with an unsaved husband comes to you asking for advice on how to handle her pagan hubby. He is not interested in church or anything spiritual, which is important to her. He shows her no Christlike love like he is supposed to, so she is thinking about a divorce. “Why would God want me stuck in a marriage like this?” she says. What would you tell her to do, in light of this passage?
- Same theme, all month. This time: Pray for your spouse, specifically. Their walk with Christ. Their health. Their emotional well-being.
- Not married? Pray for your future spouse. Don’t plan on getting married? Pray for a marriage you know of that needs the knot tightened.