- The King is Announced: EXALT Him. (Mk 1:1-8)
- The King is Affirmed: EMBRACE Him. (Mk 1:9-11)
- The King is Accomplished: JOIN Him. (Mk 1:12-13)
How to humble yourself:
Hebrews 4:15 - For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Mark 1:1-13
Mark 1:7 shows John the Baptist’s humility. Rate yourself in these categories 1 to 10.
- 1 = “I am so prideful in this area. I haven’t humbled myself at all!”
- 10 = “I am so humble in this area, I have zero pride issues here. I am a regular Moses.” (I don’t imagine many 10s on a humility test, but if it’s true, it’s true!)
- I am serious about my sin. I regularly deal with it with God and confess it to others. I admit my weaknesses.
- I submit to authority. I know who my authority is, and I joyfully submit at work, at church, in my home.”
- I serve others, putting their needs ahead of my own.
- I seek assistance and forgiveness from others.
Pray for each other in the areas you struggle in humility.