Do I Have to Fear God's Judgment?:
- Get the FACTS . (1 Thes 5:1-4)
- Know the DIFFERENCE . (1 Thes 5:4-10)
- Encourage the CHURCH . (1 Thes 5:11)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above with your cursor for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11
- Do you ever fear God's judgment? Has this passage changed your outlook?
- What are the differences Paul uses to contrast God's people / the world? Explain what they mean.
- In verse 11, Paul said this section is to encourage one another. How does this teaching on the Day of the Lord encourage believers? How does it encourage you personally?
Pray for one another
- Explain to your kids what the "Day of the Lord" means. Why is God going to punish those who have rejected Him?
- Explain why believers in Jesus should not fear punishment from God. (Hint: God punished Jesus for my sins, so He is not going to punish me, too!)