The Fulfillment of the Law.Jeremiah 31:31-34
- Who is Jesus?
- Jesus is the Christ.
- Seed of woman that would crush Satan (Genesis 3:15)
- King and priest like Melchizedek (Hebrews 7:15 / Psalm 110:4 / Genesis 14:18-20)
- Prophet like Moses (Deuteronomy 18:15)
- Descendent of David on the throne forever (2 Samuel 7)
- Suffering servant (Isaiah 53)
John 5:39 - You search the Scriptures bc you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me.
- Jesus is God.
Review: John 1:1 | Zechariah 12:10 | Acts 20:28
- What did Jesus do for me?
- What should I do about Jesus?
Review: Leviticus 16
- Admit you are a sinner.
- Believe Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead for you.
- Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
- Daily follow Jesus Christ.
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Jeremiah 31:31-34
What does "Christ" mean? Why is this word associated with Jesus?
Read Jeremiah 31:31-34. What are the differences between the Old Covenant and the
List a few examples of Old Testament prophecies about Jesus. Why are the OT
Why was it necessary for Christ to suffer, die, and resurrect for my sins? Why didn't He
just say, "I forgive you."?
Have you understood Who Jesus is and what He calls us to? Have you been an active, growing follower of Jesus? Do you feel equipped to be able to tell someone else about Jesus?