The Bible and My Response- (Genesis 2:24-25)
What is marriage in the eyes of God?
- A Covenant relationship between a man and a woman.
- A Picture of Christ and the Church.
- A married couple enjoying a God Designed sexual expression.
Review: Leviticus 18:22; 20:13 | Romans 1:18-33
What do we do?
- Stop Avoiding them.
- Give them the Gospel first.
- Love them, but not Accepting what they do.
- Guide them as part of the body of Christ.
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Genesis 2:24-25
What overall thoughts do you have from the message and what where some take-a-ways and "nuggets".
What other "street level" objectives have you heard. If so, talk about them and come up with an answer for them.
How do we show love and give the gay community the Gospel in today culture?
If you still have time and you would like to watch a 35 min video by Matt Chandler answering questions on this topic, you can find it on YouTube. He gave two talks on homosexuality and then took questions from the audience. The Q&A time is good, and it is 35 minutes.
Spend time praying for those in the your small group who know someone that is struggling with this issue. Pray for God to free them of their bondage.