"Question, Jesus: WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!" (Mk 11:27-33)
3 Wrong Ways to Respond to the Authority of Jesus:
- Just QUESTION it. (Mk 11:28)
- Just don't DEAL with it. (Mk 11:31-33)
- Just PRETEND to accept it. (Mk 11:31)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above with your cursor for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Mark 11:27-33
- Why didn't the religious leaders accept Jesus' authority? Why don't people in our day?
- Why did Jesus' question take them to John the Baptist? What did their answer reveal about them?
- What are some ways people let "popular opinion" shape their beliefs?
What is an area of Jesus’ authority you struggle with? Pray for one another about your "authority issues".