Guest Speaker: Taylor Brown
- Jesus's story: FRUITLESSNESS leads to destruction. (Mk 12:1-9)
- God's plan in the story: REJECTION leads to exaltation. (Mk 12:10-11)
- Audience reaction: HARDHEARTEDNESS leads to rebellion. (Mk 12:12)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above with your cursor for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Mark 12:1-12
- Like the wicked tenants in the story, why do we so often hoard the resources God has given to us and live as if we don’t owe God anything? Discuss some steps that you as a small group can take to be more faithful stewards of your time, talents, and resources on a daily basis.
- Why do we live in fear of rejection so much as Christians? What are some ways you can begin to experience freedom from the enslavement of other people’s opinions of you?
- Is Jesus the foundation of your family, your career, and every other aspect of your life? If Jesus isn’t your foundation then was has taken His place as the central point of your life?
Pray that Jesus would be the foundation your lives are built upon.