From Not Praying Like the Disciples to Praying Like Jesus...
- I Fail to Pray Because...
- I fail to make it my PRIORITY . (Mk 14:34)
- I fail to recognize its POWER . (Mk 14:38)
- I fail to overcome my WEAKNESS . (Mk 14:38)
- What Drives Me to Prayer (Mk 14:36)
- I need God's PRESENCE .
- I need God to MOVE .
- I need God's PEACE .
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above with your cursor for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Mark 14:32-42
- How would you counsel someone to make prayer a priority? What practical advice would you give someone who struggles to make prayer a priority?
- What’s the connection between prayerlessness and temptation? How have you seen this play out in your own life?
- Why didn't Jesus get what He asked the Father for? What does this say about your "unanswered" prayers?
Pray for prayer to be a priority, and pray against temptation.