Note: The time signatures [00:00] below indicate the start of a question if you'd like to skip to a particular one of interest in the audio file.
- [06:36] - Q: What has been Harvest's response (both here and Chicago) to the growing ecumenical movement (unity movement, Manhattan declaration, etc) and evangelical Christian pastors who've signed onto it? Should we stop listening to pastors and Christian bands who've been taking part of this (People that have spread the gospel but have made weird declarations that go against Sola Scriptura). The more oddities I hear, the more I fear having my ear tickled and thinking I am being fed, when in actuality, they're wolf in sheep's clothing.
- [10:43] - Q: What does the Bible say about worshipping God as a congregation on Sunday versus Saturday? Why has there been a shift in churches offering both Sunday and Saturday services? Is this Biblical?
A: See Acts 20:7 - On the first day of the week, when we were gathered together...
- [20:18] - Q: What is up with the thousand years? What is the purpose and why or when is Satan released?
A: See Revelation 20:1-10 -
- [21:55] - Q: Why does God allow Satan to exist? Why can't Satan be destroyed and killed? Then there would be forever peace on earth.
A: See 2 Corinthians 12:1 | Job 1-2 | Revelation 20:10
- [25:21] - Q: In Numbers 13:33, the scouts that Moses sent into the Promised Land reported, "We saw Nephilim there…" How did the Nephilim survive the flood of Noah's time?
A: See: Joshua 15:14 - And Caleb drove out from there the three sons of Anak, Sheshai and Ahiman and Talmai, the descendants of Anak.
- [30:00] - Q: In Matthew 27:52-53, when Jesus was crucified and died, it says, "The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people." Besides the fact that this represented a miraculous sign (like the tearing of the temple curtain) drawing attention to Jesus' resurrection, is there some significance to this event? It seems odd to me that we frequently hear about the temple curtain, the daytime darkness, and the earthquake that accompanied Christ's death, but this raising of the dead is rarely mentioned.
- [37:46] - Q: 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 seems to indicate that women are not permitted to speak in church. What is the correct interpretation and application of this passage?
A: See 1 Timothy 2:12-1
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Review and discuss any of the questions and answers given on Sunday's Q&A day together. Have you found any additional biblical support for the answers given?
Pray for one another.