- A "Foolproof" Plan to Stop Jesus. (Mk 12:13-15):
- Jesus Gives the Final Answer on POLITICS and RELIGION. (Mk 12:16-17)
- God ORDAINED government.
- The government is not GOD and God is not the GOVERNMENT.
- God's people PAY what they owe:
- To their GOVERNMENT
- To their GOD
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above with your cursor for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Mark 12:13-17
- What are some things that a Christian should "render to God"?
- God ordained the government. Read Romans 13:1-7 and note all the words used to describe the government (Discussion leaders: hint - appointed, servant, avenger, ministers). Is this true even if the government has no regard for God? How should Christians be subject to the government, even if it is corrupt?
How does this message change the way you view submitting to the government and paying your taxes?