Why God Hates Divorce, and Why You Should, Too
- Divorce is caused by SIN . (Mk 10:1-5)
- Divorce destroys God's WORK . (Mk 10:6-9)
- Will never CHANGE . (Mk 10:6a)
- Is for a MAN and a WOMAN . (Mk 10:6b)
- Is turning TWO people into ONE person. (Mk 10:7-9)
- Divorce leads to more SIN . (Mk 10:10-12)
God's Plan for Marriage:
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above with your cursor for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Mark 10:1-12
- Why did Jesus say divorce was caused by "hardness of heart" (Mk 10:5)? What does that say about how God views divorce?
- Read Deuteronomy 24:1-4. What is the actual command regarding divorce? Why did God make such a commandment?
- How would you respond to someone saying to you, "The Bible doesn't say marriage has to be between a man and a woman. If two gay people love each other, why shouldn't they get married?"
Discuss how you can be a more godly spouse. Pray for strong marriages in your group!