Five Lessons of Deadly Disobedience:
- Nadab and Abihu (Leviticus 10:1-2) -
- Achan (Joshua 7:19-26) -
- Uzzah (2 Samuel 6:6) -
- Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 5:1-11) -
- Laodicea (Revelation 3:14-22) -
Without Severe Consequences...
- DISOBEDIENCE would appear profitable.
- The Holy Spirit would appear to have been DECEIVED .
- God would appear to tolerate hypocrisy and DEFEAT / DECEPTION .
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above with your cursor for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
- As we see in the Biblical examples of Nadab and Abihu, Achan, Uzzah, Ananias and Sapphira, disobedience brought tragic, physical death. Does God's Word say there is something worse? If so, what?
- Warfare is constant on a spiritual level, even to Christians. We try to be obedient to God, but fail quite often and sin. What truths do you find in the Bible give us hope when we sin?
Give one example of an act of disobedience that caused wounds in your life. Have those wounds healed, even partially? If yes, share some details around how they were healed. If no, God has the power to heal. Go to Him right now and lift up any hurting brother or sister in prayer.