Review / Intro:
The Four Crucial Elements of the World-Changing Message:
- Jesus Christ had to die for my Sins. (Acts 17:3)
Romans 5:19 - For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous.
Four Reasons Jesus Had to DIE for My Sin:
- To be my Sacrifice. (John 1:29)
- To be my Propitiation. (1 John 4:10)
- To bring Reconciliation. (Romans 5:10)
- To pay for my Redemption. (Mark 10:45)
- Jesus Christ had to rise from the dead to give me Life. (Acts 17:3)
Four Reasons Jesus Had to RISE from the Dead:
- Because He Said He would. (Luke 18:32-33)
- Because the Old Testament Promised the Christ would rise. (Psalm 16:10)
- Because that's how He gives His Righteousness. (Romans 4:25)
- Because that's how He gives His Eternal life. (1 Corinthians 15:17-18)
- Jesus Christ has to be my King. (Acts 17:7)
Luke 6:46 - Why do you call me 'Lord, Lord,' and not do what I tell you?
- There is a Cost to following Jesus. (Acts 17:6-9)
Matthew 16:24 - Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me."
John 13:16, 15:20 – a servant is not greater than His master
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Acts 17:1-9
What would you say are the essentials of the Gospel? Do you agree with the four presented in this message? Why or why not? Would you add anything, or remove any of these four?
How do you think Paul kept from being discouraged, since it seems in every city he preached in the synagogue, he faced a serious backlash?
Acts 17:5 says the Jews were jealous. What do you think caused this jealousy?
Pray for one another to be bold witnesses who KNOW the Gospel and SHARE the whole Gospel.