Note: The time signatures [00:00] below indicate the start of a question if you'd like to skip to a particular one of interest in the audio file.
- [02:50] - Q: What's the point of praying for something if God is going to do what he wants either way?
A: See James 5:16 - The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. | Matthew 7:7-11 | Hezekiah in Isaiah 38
- [06:55] - Q: What is your view on the teaching of Joel Osteen?
A: Acts 4:12
- [11:00] - Q: "Racial and cultural differences (and subsequent discrimination) seem to be becoming an increasingly important and controversial topic in our world. As a church body and as individuals, how can we show and share Christ's love (race doesn't matter) in a region and church body that lacks diversity?"
- [16:04] - LIVE TXT Q: In the Bible it talks about the four corners of the Earth (Isaiah 11:2 and Revelation 7:1), what exactly are the four corners of the Earth? What does that resemble?
- [18:01] - LIVE TXT Q: What does the Bible say about what our political response to "illegal" immigration should be?
- [20:23] - Q: Can you give me some background re-Hezekiah's tunnel (2 Kings 20:20)?
A: 2 Chronicles 32 | John 9 (the pool of Siloam)
- [25:51] - Q: Is there a difference between Hell and the Lake of Fire?
A: See Luke 16:23-24 | Revelation 20:15
- [27:23] - Q: Rev 20:12 - "And I saw the dead, great and small standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books." Besides the "Book of Life", what are the names of the other "Books" being referred to?
A: See: Daniel 7:10 | Romans 8
- [29:31] - Q: If people kill themselves, do they go to hell? Explain the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
A: The only sin that sends anyone to Hell (condemn a person), is to reject Jesus Christ
- [32:52] - LIVE AUDIENCE Q: I have friends that are constantly on social media and claim to be Christians but are in an open same sex marriage situation. What does the bible say about that and how should we respond to them when talking to them about that and their life choices?
A: 1 Cor 6 | As Christians, we need to speak the truth in love, and that applies to any type of sin. Re-listen to Jeremiah Canfield's message from last summer, The Bible's and My Response to Homosexuality.
- [36:05] - Q: In Ezekiel 9, what is the significance of the writer's case? And the man carrying it? Thank you. It is interesting how God says "son of man" and "this is what the sovereign Lord says..." very interesting book. Very very deep.
A: Romans 1:18-32
- [38:30] - Q: What is the motivation to joining the church, as opposed to just regularly attending?
A: It says that I belong here and that I'm responsible for what happens here. It says that this is a place of accountability for you and that you're committed. For a pastor it means that you want to serve the Lord and His Kingdom.
- [39:52] - Q: Could you please address Prov. 26:4-5?
- [41:56] - Q: What if you accepted Jesus but you still sin. You try your best not to but you're still doing it. What does God think about it?
A: See: Romans 7:15-20 | 1 John 1:9 | 2 Cor 5:21
Any question that was missed due to time constraints during the service Pastor Jeff will address the answer in a blog posting on the website.
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Review the questions submitted above. Discuss any of these that stuck out to you, or that maybe your group finds particularly interesting.
Pray for one another!