Which character are you in this story?
- Are you one of the FOUR FRIENDS ? (Mk 2:3-4)
- Are you a SRIBE ? (Mk 2:6-7)
- No one meets your STANDARD.
- You are known more for what you are AGAINST than what you are FOR.
- You look down on those who don't know as much BIBLE as you.
- You are obsessed with the SINS of others.
- Are you the PARALYTIC ? (Mk 2:5,9-11)
How would I know if I'm a scribe?
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Mark 2:1-12
- What is legalism? Why is legalism dangerous, individually and to the church?
(Answer: Believing that keeping a list of rules makes you a better, more “spiritual” person. It is also when you enforce your convictions upon others. Danger is when you start believing that you are righteous by what you do, and “enforcing” convictions upon others always causes disunity.)
- What is a creative way you can invite/bring an unsaved/unchurched friend to worship service at HBC?
(No lying or “bait and switch” allowed!!!)
- How should the church leadership best handle someone who is constantly looking for something to be negative about / complain / criticize? (Note: I’m asking for a friend.)
- If your friends dropped you in front of Jesus today, what would He rightly perceive to be the greatest need in your life right now? Pray as a group to bring it before Jesus right now!