When I live under the authority of Jesus:
- Prayer is the PRIORITY. (Mk 1:38)
- How to make prayer MY priority: (Mk 1:35)
- Don't make prayer the LAST thing you do.
Make prayer the FIRST thing you do.
- Don't hope that you get a CHANCE to pray.
Be INTENTIONAL about praying.
- Don't allow DISTRACTIONS. Go somewhere where prayer is all you FOCUS on.
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Sermon Audio: (no recording)
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Mark 1:35-39
- Does prayer seem like a chore to you? Why or why not? Why do you think most Christians struggle with prayer?
- What stands out to you about Jesus’ example in prayer? Why do you think Jesus made prayer such a priority? What does that tell you about the way we should make prayer a priority?
- What is your “prayer plan”? Do you have one? What changes do you need to make to pray like Jesus’ example: first, intentional, and distraction-free?
- Pray for one another.