One More Challenge... (Mk 12:28-34)
What Does it Mean to Love God?
- Loving God involves my ENTIRE being. (Mk 12:29-30)
- Loving God means loving PEOPLE . (Mk 12:31)
- Knowing is not the same as DOING . (Mk 12:32-34)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above with your cursor for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Mark 12:28-34
- Sum up: How would you describe to someone what it means to love God with all of your heart, all of your soul, all of your mind, and all of your strength? What does it mean for EACH of these 4 things, and what does it mean for ALL of these 4 things (individually and corporately)?
- Why did Jesus add "loving your neighbor" when the guy only asked for the greatest commandment? How do you love your neighbor as yourself?
In which of the 4 areas (heart, soul, mind, strength = will, emotion, intellect, physically) do you struggle to love God the most?