Ask a silly question... (Mk 12:18-27)
5 Principles for "Bible Debates"
- Be READY. (Mk 12:19-23)
- Be CLEAR. (Mk 12:24, 47)
- Be a Bible STUDENT. (Mk 12:24-26)
- Be looking for common GROUND. (Mk 12:26)
- Be focused on big ISSUES. (Mk 12:26-27)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above with your cursor for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Mark 12:18-27
- Why did the Sadducees ask Jesus a question about "life after death" if they didn't believe in it? What were the two problems they had that Jesus pointed out ? (Mk 12:24)
- How did Jesus describe life in heaven? Is that different from beliefs that you have held?
- Why did Jesus ask them a question after answering theirs? Why did Jesus take them to Exodus 3?
How do YOU study the Bible? What techniques do you use to help you in growing in the knowledge of God’s Word? How can you be a better student of the Bible?