You Have Been Given a Mission:
- You have the MESSAGE : Be CONFIDENT ! (Acts 1:1-5)
- You have the OBJECTIVE : Stay FOCUSED ! (Acts 1:6-7)
- You have the POWER : Be a WITNESS ! (Acts 1:8a)
- You have the DIRECTIONS : Get MOVING ! (Acts 1:8b)
- You have the one OPPORTUNITY : TAKE IT ! (Acts 1:9-11)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
int: Highlight blanks above with your cursor for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Acts 1:1-11
- Why did the disciples ask what they asked in Acts 1:6? Why do you think God wants such a long gap between the first and second coming of Jesus Christ? Why didn't the Father just have the Son establish His kingdom right then and there?
- What is the connection between receiving Jesus' power and being Jesus' witnesses? How do you know if you are working in the Holy Spirit's power or working in your own?
Pray for HBC as a church to stay on mission - and specifically, by name, each member of the breakout group to grow as a powerful witness in their personal "Jerusalem".