Questioning God's goodness takes me to a BAD PLACE . (Ps 13:1-2)The Progression of Depression:
- I am FORGOTTEN . (Ps 13:1a)
- I am FORSAKEN . (Ps 13:1b)
- I am DEPRESSED . (Ps 13:2a)
- I am DEFEATED . (Ps 13:2b)
Moving from "God is Good?" to "God is Good!"
- Get REAL with God. (Ps 13:3-4)
- Look at the BIG PICTURE . (Ps 13:5-6)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above with your cursor for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Psalm 13
- David mentions his "enemy" in verses 2 and 4. How would you apply what he says to your own life?
- Why is David's focus on the past and the future in verses 5 and 6? What does this tell you about how you should view your life during a trial?
- CHILDREN'S QUESTION Have you ever felt like God is ignoring you? What should we do when we feel that way? (Explain to your child that God IS there, and He DOES care, even if it doesn’t feel like it. Sometimes when we are sad, we feel alone and that God has left us - but He promised to NEVER leave us!)
Did you abide through prayer and Bible reading this week? What specifically are you moved to change or apply this week and how are you going to apply it?
Pray for one another.