Why I'm done with People Pleasing, and you should be too!
- Because I CAN'T please everyone. (1 Thes 2:1-2)
- Because people pleasing tempts me to sacrifice my INTEGRITY . (1 Thes 2:3-5)
- ERROR(1 Thes 2:3)
- IMPURITY (1 Thes 2:3)
- DECEPTION (1 Thes 2:3)
- FLATTERY (1 Thes 2:5)
- GREED (1 Thes 2:5)
- Because God pleasing frees me to truly LOVE people. (1 Thes 2:6-8)
5 Sins of People Pleasing Ministry:
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above with your cursor for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read 1 Thessalonians 2:1-8
- How is people pleasing really a form of "self-pleasing"? In other words, why is people pleasing really about the person doing it more than the people s/he is trying to please?
- What are some ways you have "fear of man"? (Definition: Caring more about what people think than what God thinks, i.e. "people pleasing")
- What are the 5 things Paul lists as "sins we commit when we commit to people pleasing" (v3 & 5)? How can we guard against them?
- Why is "God pleasing" really the way we love people (v6-8)?
How should the church respond to the SCOTUS ruling on same sex marriage? How should YOU respond when YOU are asked about it? Pray for the leadership or our nation and pray for one another!