Review / Introduction:
What is Conviction?
Definition: A strong Personal belief, derived from God's Word, that determines a specific Conduct or Course.
- Convictions are not always Instant
- Convictions are not about Personal Preferences
- It's not about Adopting someone else's convictions
- It's not about Disregarding advise
- Convictions are not Enforceable on others
Five "Nots" About Convictions
- Conviction drives out fear
Living with Conviction is Living Without Fear:
- I will not fear Disapproval? (Acts 21:1-6)
- I will not fear Drama? (Acts 21:7-12)
- I will not fear Death? (Acts 21:13-16)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Acts 21:1-16
What personal convictions have you been criticized for? (While sharing, don’t criticize each other's' convictions.)
Was Paul being disobedient to the Holy Spirit (Acts 21:4, 11)? Why or why not?
How do you KNOW when the Holy Spirit is speaking to you through another person, and it’s not the other person just giving their personal opinion?
How do you know when a conviction is from the Lord, and a conviction is just "from yourself / just in your head"?
Pray for one another to seek (and keep) godly, biblical convictions.