Review / Introduction:
How to Fearlessly Give Your Testimony:
- Tell about your life Before Christ. (Acts 22:1-5)
- Identify their Language. (Acts 22:2)
- Identify their Merit. (Acts 22:3)
- Identify with their Truth resistance. (Acts 22:4)
Identify with your listener(s):
- Tell how you Came to Christ. (Acts 22:6-11)
- Reveal how you Recognized the truth. (Acts 22:6-7)
- Reveal your own Foolishness. (Acts 22:8)
- Reveal the Name of your salvation. (Acts 22:8)
- Tell how Christ Changed you. (Acts 22:12-21)
- I see things New. (Acts 22:13)
- I have a new Purpose. (Acts 22:15)
- I have Peace with God. (Acts 22:16)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Acts 21:37-22:21
How did Paul defend himself against these accusations? How do you know when to defend yourself or ignore false accusations?
Why is it so important to identify with your listeners when giving your testimony? Specifically, how can YOU do that when sharing?
Why is it important to recognize some point of merit of your listeners (Acts 22:3)? What effect does this have on your listeners?
How much specific detail should you share about your past sin? Why?
Each of you, using these principles, share your testimony in 3 minutes or less (time each other!). Cover these three areas:
- My life before Christ
- How I met Christ
- How Christ changed me