How We Got It / How to Read It
- What is the Bible?
- How Did We Get It?
2 Timothy 3:16 - All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness...
- Old Testament
Review: Luke 11:49-51
Don’t some Bibles have extra books?
- New Testament
Review: John 16:12-14
How do we know what books belong?
- How Do We Know It’s True?
Isaiah 40:22 - It is he who sits above the circle of the earth...
Review: Isaiah 46:9-10 | Mark 12:35-37
- Read it Seriously. (Psalm 138:2)
- Read it Straightforwardly.
- Read it Seekingly.
Questions to Ask Yourself When Reading the Bible:
- What stands out to me from the passage?
- Is this passage calling me to do something? Stop doing something? Think about something?
- Is someone serving as an example in the passage? Is this a good or a bad example?
- Does this passage give me a promise from God to claim?
John 5:24 - Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Review the Message!
- Who wrote the Bible? How do we know?
- How is the Bible structured? What parts make up the Bible?
- How do we know the Bible is true? What evidences do we have, internally and externally?
- What are some ways you can improve your understanding in reading the Bible?
How is your personal time in the Bible? How does this information encourage you to be a better Bible student? What are your plans to do better?