Introduction / Review:
Are You a True Worshipper?
Am I a True Worshipper?
- Am I all-in with all my Emotions ? (2 Sam 6:12-15)
- Does my worship go Vertical and Horizontal? (2 Sam 6:16-19)
- Am I focused Solely on God? (2 Sam 6:20-23)
- It was for the Lord, not you. (2 Sam 6:21)
- I have Personal reasons to worship so hard (2 Sam 6:21)
- It is Impossible to worship too hard. (2 Sam 6:22)
What to Say When You Are Accused of Worshipping Too Hard.
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Discussion
Read 2 Samuel 6:12-23
We are to worship in spirit and truth (John 4:23). Where do you think HBC leans - more on the spirit side or the truth side? Where do you lean personally? How can you/HBC move towards being more balanced in spirit and truth?
Why, do you think, we tend to restrain ourselves emotionally in worship? How can you be “all-in” with your emotions (2 Sam 6:14)?
How does God regard our good works (see Hebrews 13:15-16)? How does that motivate you to serve people?
How can you eliminate distractions and focus solely on God in worship (2 Sam 6:21)?
What personal reasons do YOU have to worship the Lord right now! Share - then pray prayers of thanksgiving.