Intro / Review:
Progress Report: Philadelphia. (Rev 3:7-13):
- The COMMENDATION: Your Faithfulness brings security. (Rev 3:8-10)
What is the Rapture? - The rapture is the future event when Jesus Christ descends from heaven to gather his people, those who died and those living, to be caught up together to meet the Lord in the air, to receive their glorified bodies and be kept from the 7 year Tribulation on the earth.
3 New Testament passages teach the Rapture:
John 14:1-4, 1 Cor 15:51-54, 1 Thes 4:13-5:11
- The Rapture is NOT the "Second Coming".
- When is the Rapture?
- Why I Believe in a Pre-Tribulation Rapture:
- It's the most Straightfoward understanding of the biblical language.
1 Thes 5:9 - For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ...
- We never see the Church in the tribulation in Revelation!
- Many of the common arguments against pre-trib rapture don't have Substance.
- The COMMAND. Hold on Securely. (Rev 3:11)
- The CALL. Security is for Eternity ! (Rev 3:12-13)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Discussion
Read Revelation 3:7-13
What is the Rapture? What reasons were given in the message for a “Pre-Tribulation” Rapture?
How is the Rapture different from the Second Coming? Compare 1 Thes 4:16-17 and Rev 19:14.
How are trials and hardships good for your faith? Be specific!?
Pray for one another!