Intro: Mark 12:30-31 | 1 John 3:10-24
- Study Failure: Heart of Cain (1 John 3:10-15)
- Study Success: The Heart of Christ (1 John 3:16-18)
- The Love of Christ is Willing (1 John 3:16)
- The Love of Christ is Fueled by Compassion (1 John 3:17)
- The Love of Christ is Driven to Action (1 John 3:18)
3 Aspects to Loving Like Christ
- Take the Test: Is My Heart like Cain or Christ (1 JOhn 3:19-24)
- Pass the Test: Gain a Heart of Confidence (1 John 3:23-24)
Galatians 5:14 - For sthe whole law is fulfilled in one word: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read 1 John 3:10-24
- How can we guard ourselves against falling into the spiral of jealousy*/resentment/hatred?
- What challenges do we face in loving others the way that Christ does?
- How can we build the habit of testing our hearts in order to avoid bitterness?
- Beyond assurance of our own faith, what benefits can we gain from complete confidence in our relationship with God?
Pray for each other