Who am I?
- I am United with Christ. (Rom 6:1-5)
- I am Free from the power of sin. (Rom 6:6-7)
- I am Alive to God's purposes. (Rom 6:8-11)
- I am God's Instrument. (Rom 6:12-14)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Romans 6:1-14
- Romans 6:3-5 talks a lot about baptism and its role in the Christian life. Why is baptism so vitally important to the Christian life? Share your baptism story with your group and how it has impacted you.
- Why is being transparent and open about our struggles and sins with close Christian friends so important to living in freedom from sin on a daily basis? Why are we so afraid of being known by others and how can we combat against this?
- Romans 6:11 declares, “So you must also consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.” What does this look like on a daily basis and how can we pursue taking advantage of the new life God has given us everyday?
- Romans 6:13 commands us to “not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and you members to God as instruments for righteousness.” How can we obey this verse and instead of giving ourselves over to our sin, give ourselves over to the purposes of God? What does living this verse out on a daily basis look like?
Pray for one another.