2 Kings 14:25 - He restored the border of Israel from Lebo-hamath as far as the Sea of the Arabah, according to the word of the LORD, the God of Israel, which he spoke by his servant Jonah the son of Amittai, the prophet, who was from Gath-hepher.
Matthew 12:38-41 - Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered him, saying, "Teacher, we wish to see a sign from you." But he answered them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. The men of Nineveh will rise up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and behold, something greater than Jonah is here. (Matthew 16:4, Luke 11:29-32)
- Rebellion is a Choice to disobey God (Jonah 1:1-3)
- Rebellion makes use want to Avoid God (Jonah 1:3-5)
- Rebellion saps our Boldness to Witness (Jonah 1:6-10)
- Rebellion drives us to more and more Desperate Choices (Jonah 1:11-16)
- God pursues His rebellious children with Discipline
- What is discipline?
- Why is discipline a good thing?
- How does God discipline us?
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Jonah 1
Pray for one another.