A Divine Interruption...
Isaiah 7:14 - Messiah would be born of a virgin
Isaiah 9:6-7 - There would be a Son called God
Isaiah 35:4-6 - Messiah would perform miracles
Isaiah 40:1-5,9 - Messiah would be preceded by a messenger
Isaiah 49:6 - God’s salvation would reach the ends of the earth
- Realize that I am a SINNER (Romans 3:23)
- Recognize that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my SIN and rose from the dead to give me eternal LIFE. (1 Corinthians 15:3)
- Repent from my sin (Acts 3:19)
- Receive Jesus Christ as my LORD and Saviour (Philippians 2:11)
- Make it Personal through my profession (Romans 10:9-10)
- Take it Public by being baptized (Matthew 28:1-2)
- Daily yield my Will, allowing God to work in me and through me (Romans 8:29)
- What is baptism?
Baptism is a Visible, God-Chosen, God- Commanded Response to My Faith
- Who is it for?
It is for people who have received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Most Common Excuses for Not Getting Baptized
- I was baptized as a Baby.
- I’d Offend my parents / family.
- I need to wait until I am On track spiritually.
- I don’t like being in front of People.
- I need to Pray about it.
- What is its purpose?
It is the profession of faith.
- When should a person be baptized?
It is to be done immediately upon belief.
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Acts 8:25-38
Pray for one another.