What kind of church is this?
Pillar #1 Proclaiming the authority of God's Word without apology
Pillar #2 Lifting high the name of Jesus through worship
John 4:24 - God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
Preaching with AUTHORITY demands...
- I was created to WORSHIP.
Isaiah 43:21, 1 Peter 2:9, Hebrews 13:5, Matthew 4:10, John 4:23, Revelation 4-5, Psalms
- Jesus answers the worship QUESTIONS. (John 4:21-24)
- Where should I worship? ANYWHERE. (Jn 4:21)
- Who should I worship? The God of ISRAEL. (Jn 4:22)
- How should I worship? In SPIRIT and TRUTH. (Jn 4:23-24)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read John 4:21-24
- What has been your past worship experience / understanding in the church? More spirit or more truth?
- Why is worship such a controversial subject? How would you answer someone who says, “It doesn’t really matter how you worship. You can worship doing anything.”
- Rate yourself as a worshiper on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 = passionate, 1 = desert dry). Why would you give yourself this number? What can you do to be better prepared to worship with the congregation Sunday?
- Pray for one another.