What kind of church is this?
Pillar #1 Proclaiming the authority of God's Word without apology
- The Church has been entrusted by God with the job of UPHOLDING His truth.
- The Church has been entrusted by God with the job of PROCLAIMING His truth.
Titus 2:15 - Declare these things; exhort and rebuke with all authority. Let no one disregard you.
Preaching with AUTHORITY demands...
- ... the CONTENT is from the BIBLE.
What does the Bible say?
- ... the APPLICATION is APPARENT.
What does the Bible say to do?
- ... NO ONE is EXEMPT.
What does the Bible say that I need to do?
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Sermon Audio: (no recording)
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Titus 2:15
- How do you know if a sermon is ”good”? What makes a sermon “bad”? What criteria do you use? What criteria would the Bible give us to discern whether the preacher “proclaimed the Word of the Lord”?
- Why do some churches/preachers get away from clear preaching of God’s Word?
- How much actual authority do you allow the Bible to have in your life? Is there any area in your life in which you are rejecting a clear command from God?
- Pray for one another.