Three Displays of Power:
- Evil has the power to DESTROY. (Mk 5:1-7)
- Jesus has the power to DELIVER. (Mk 5:8-15)
- Jesus has the power to DIVIDE. (Mk 5:16-20)
The Abyss (read): Luke 8:31, 1 Peter 3:19-20, 2 Peter 2:4, Jude 6-7, Revelation 9:1, 11:7, 17:8, 20:1, 3
Ephesians 6:12 - For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Mark 5:1-20
- Do you believe demonic possession happens today? Why or why not? How could you tell if someone does have a demon?
- Why do you think the demons wanted permission to enter the pigs? What do you think happened to the demons after the pigs died?
- Why did the locals beg Jesus to leave? What does that tell you about them?
Pray for one another: How do you need Jesus to show up powerfully in your life?