1 Corinthians 4:20 - For the Kingdom of God does not consist in talk but in POWER .
2 Corinthians 12:9 - But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my POWER is made perfect in weakness."
Ephesians 3:20 - Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think, according to the POWER at work within us.
James 5:16 - The prayer of a righteous person has great POWER as it is working.
I Want to See Jesus Move...
... so I need to HUMBLE myself. (Mk 5:21-22)
... so I need to believe that He CAN and WILL help me. (Mk 5:23-34)
... so I need to trust Him if He seems LATE . (Mk 5:35-42)
... so I need to accept things I don't UNDERSTAND. (Mk 5:43)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Mark 5:21-43
- Can you come to Jesus without humbling yourself? Why or why not? How exactly do you humble yourself?
- Why did Jesus tell the woman her faith made her well (lit. saved her, verse 34)? What was the substance of her faith?
- How would you define “answered prayer”? What does “an answer to prayer” mean? How do you know when a prayer has been answered?
- What is something you have prayed for that “the Lord has seemed late in answering”? (Mk 4:35) Why do you think He hasn’t answered your prayer in the way that you wanted? What is your response going to be?
- Pray for the upcoming Franklin Graham Crusade and our church’s involvement in it. If we are to be involved, we need the Lord to raise up a leader who will help get us plugged in. This is a tremendous evangelism opportunity!