Unbelief is Amazing Because...
- It chooses to ignore the EVIDENCE (Mk 6:1-2)
- It chooses to object with IRRELEVANCE (Mk 6:3a)
- It chooses to think with EMOTION (Mk 6:3b-4)
- It chooses to forfeit BLESSING (Mk 6:5-6)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Mark 6:1-6
- What is the hardest objection to the Christian faith / the Bible, in your opinion? (Evolution, what about the dinosaurs, where did Cain get his wife? etc etc).
- Why do people “suppress the truth in unrighteousness”? (Mark 6:12, Romans 1:18) Why is sin such a motivator to deny the truth of God?
- Why did Jesus “do no mighty work there” in Nazareth? (Mark 6:5) How did unbelief play a part in that? Why did He still do a few?
- How could Jesus “marvel” at their reaction if He already knows what is in the heart of a man? (John 2:24-25)
Pray for one another: that we be people of faith moving towards God instead of unbelief moving away from God.