Lay down a FORK .
Lay down a BUNT .
Lay down a LIFE .
SERVICE to others.
MINISTERING to others.
Developing a RELATIONSHIP with the one who loves you!
Check out this logic:
- We will not OBEY Him if we don't BELIEVE and TRUST Him.
- We will not BELIEVE and TRUST Him if we don't LOVE Him.
- We cannot LOVE Him unless we KNOW Him.
- If you come to KNOW Him, you will LOVE Him.
- If you LOVE Him, you will BELIEVE and TRUST Him.
- If you BELIEVE and TRUST Him, you will OBEY Him.
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above with your cursor for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read 1 John 3:16-24
- How did this concept of love ever start? Would humans have ever come up with the idea of loving each other?
- When you are truly motivated by love, describe how different it is performing tasks or acts of service than when motivated by more self-serving motives?
- How would you respond to someone who says the Bible is just a book of "don'ts" meant to make us miserable?
- What does the concept of sacrifice mean to you? In 1 John 3:16, it says "we should lay down our lives for our brothers." Are we really doing that? How do we do that?
Pray for one another. Pray for Pastor Jeff while he is in Thailand teaching the pastors at the conference.