Planning a murder.... (Mk 14:1-2)
How to Do a Beautiful Thing for Jesus (Mk 14:3-9):
- Give SACRIFICIALLY . (Mk 14:3)
- Ignore JUDAS . (Mk 14:4-5)
- Seize the OPPORTUNITY . (Mk 14:7)
- Do what YOU can. (Mk 14:8-9)
Sermon Notes (PDF): BLANK
Hint: Highlight blanks above with your cursor for answers!
Small Group Questions (Whole Group):
Read Mark 14:1-9
- Do you think Mary knew that she was "anointing Jesus for burial" as she was committing the act, or do you think Jesus ascribed that meaning to what she thought was just hospitality? Explain your position and reason.
- The Bible calls us to be good stewards, but the Bible also calls us to give lavishly by faith. How do you reconcile these two teachings? How do you know when to use stewardship principles and when to take a step of faith and give extravagantly?
Pray for one another.